Montrez Watches & Jewelleries Limited is a company registered in Hong Kong, and owns, directly or indirectly a number of entities as its wholly- or partially owned subsidiaries and such subsidiaries are collectively referred to herein as "Montrez & Co.", "us" or "we".
- How we use the personal data we collect
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained
- Your legal rights and other choices relating to your personal data
Personal Information We Collect:
Montrez & Co. collects the following personal data about you:
- Your first and last names, age, date of birth, gender, occupation, nationality, languages spoken, marital status
- Your contact details: postal address, including billing and delivery address, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers), and e-mail address
- Purchases, sales and trades or similar orders made by you
- Your online browsing activities
- Your username and password
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment details, which may include credit card information
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your photos when adding to the Sell & Trade Your Watch forms on Web, as well as your 'Montrez & Co.' collection in the mobile app
- Your interests, feedback survey responses and preferences
- Your location
- Your correspondence, SMS messages and communications
- Publicly available data, including data which you have shared via public social media platforms
- Recruitment information
How We Use the Personal Data:
- To provide goods and services to you
- To make a tailored website available to you
- To perform a contract with you
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the service
- To manage any registered account that you have with us
- To verify your identity
- To perform quality controls and customer satisfaction
- To provide authentication, verification, and accurate assessment of a product and provide you with related customer service
- To ship products purchased, sold, or traded by you
- For customer insight and marketing research to better understand your needs and preferences with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products which we think may interest you
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection, and related purposes
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information
- For security purposes, such as to protect our company, our customers, or our platforms to address complaints you make
With your consent, we use personal data to send you private messages via email, text, and other electronic communication channels to update you about products or services which are of interest or relevance to you. You have the right to opt-out of receiving these types of communications at any time by making use of the “unsubscribe” links included in the messages, via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
If you visit our websites, you may be served personalized advertisements for our products or services while using other websites or social media platforms. Any advertising you see will relate to products you have viewed while browsing our websites on your computer or other devices, or which we believe are of interest to you.
Our Service Providers and Suppliers
We may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners in order to make certain services available to you. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers, fraud prevention and identity identification partners.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when they have assured us that they apply appropriate data protection and service controls. We also impose contractual obligations on our service providers relating to data protection security and they can only use your data to provide services to us and to you, and for no other purpose.
Other Third Parties
We may share your data with
- Credit reference agencies, banks, and payment issuers (such as Visa, MasterCard and American Express)
- Third party marketing providers, such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter to deliver advertising to you if certain conditions are met
- A business that acquires all of part of the Montrez & Co. to continue to provide services to you in a manner consistent with this Policy.
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals, and insurers we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations or to exercise our legal rights, or to prevent, detect or investigate a crime, to safeguard and protect our employees, customers, and other individuals.
- For internal business reasons, we may anonymize, aggregate and de-identify the personal data that we collect and use such data for our own internal business purposes, including sharing it with our current and prospective customers, business partners, our affiliated businesses, agents and other third parties for commercial, statistical and market research purposes, for example to allow those parties to analyze patterns among groups of people, and conducting research on demographics, interests and behavior.
How We Protect Your Data:
Our security measures include:
- Encryption of data
- Regular cyber security assessments internally, as well as, of service providers who may handle your personal data
- Penetration testing of systems
- Security controls which protect the entire company infrastructure from external attack and unauthorized access
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees
When it comes to our processing of your personal data, you have the following rights:
-The right to receive a copy of personal data we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete personal data we hold about you when we no longer have a reason to retain it
- The right to request that date relating to you be corrected or updated
- The right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send you using your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of personal data
- The right to object to processing of personal data
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us at email@example.com
Basis for Using Personal Data
The legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Montrez & Co., in
- Facilitating the purchase, sale and trade of goods and services to our customers
- Promoting, marketing, and advertising of our services
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers’ preferences and needs;
- Improving existing services and developing new ones
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating, and detecting crime or working with law enforcement concerning customer’s complaints, disputes or the like;
- Any other purpose aimed at complying with our duties or exercising our rights under a contract for goods or services to a customer or complying with our legal obligations
Cookies + other web technologies:
Cookies: Our Services may use persistent and temporary “cookies” and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”). Cookies are small text files sent to your computer for record-keeping purposes and this information is stored in a file on your computer’s hard drive. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
The Service is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
Links to third party sites:
The Service may contain links to other web sites operated and maintained by third parties. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. Access to those third-party sites is available only as a convenience. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views or practices expressed within them. We recommend that you become familiar with the privacy statements and contractual terms associated with those third-party sites. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us via the contact information provided in this Policy.
Data Processing and Storage:
Information we collect from you will be transferred to, or stored at, a destination in the United States or another destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The countries concerned may not provide the same legal standards for protection of your personal data that you have in the EEA or the United Kingdom. Where we transfer your personal data to countries outside of the EEA, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data will continue to be protected.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Montrez & Co.
Suite 1705, K11 Atelier Victoria Dockside
18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Updated on September, 1st 2023